It’s like Christmas all over again as this is my second YA Chronicles box to turn up in a month! This one was the “Did Someone Say Fantasy?” box with the following items included:
- The main novel in the box is called “A Shadow Bright and Burning” by Jessica Cluess
- A book called “Penguin Teen Super-proof 2017” which features extracts from 14 Penguin Teen Australia novels to come out this year
- The One Ring from “The Lord of the Rings” series with a chain to wear it around your neck
- A beautiful double sided bookmark from “The Raven Cycle” series
- A bookmark I bought (along with the one they supply in the box)
- “A Darker Shade of Magic” art print from Miss Phi on Society 6
- An art print from Tales Fantastic from her collection which are “Princess and the Dragon” and also “Robot Walk”
Time for another YA Chronicles unboxing!
Today I received the December “Simply Wonderful” box with these items in it:
- The main item (and the most important) is a book called “Finding Wonders: Three Girls Who Changed Science” by Jeannine Atkins
- A letter written by Alison and Rebecca from the YA Chronicles about why they chose this book to be in the December box
- There was the bookmark I purchased
- A bracelet with a gold ball and silver wings made to look like the Snitch from Harry Potter
- A 5.5×5.5cm button magnet saying “I fell into a good book”
- Multicoloured sticky tabs from Blossom Books (which is a publisher from the Netherlands) saying, “This Quote ♡”, “The Feels!”, “Fangirl Moment”, and “OMG –> “
- And finally one of three washi tape rolls with a design on it. Mine was a cute black one with golden stars and moons on it
Can’t wait to use them and add them to my collection of YA Chronicles goodies. Not sure how I feel about the book just yet, but the only way to find out is to read it and see.
Nope. Still not feeling like writing atm but I did work all day today. Managed to squeeze in some writing during lunch and a bit tonight too but I’m really tired and don’t wanna wanna write anymore.
I’m now just over a day behind schedule on currently 12787 words, but hopefully I can make that up after work tomorrow.
Now time to snuggle up with the cat and fall asleep while watching YouTube.
Didn’t write anything this morning as I had to head for work, but I did manage to write on my lunch break with a dying laptop.
Then went and did a few errands before going and seeing Doctor Strange in the cinema tonight.
10:13pm – I now have 11893 words out of 13336, which leaves me 1443 left to write before midnight. I can do this, right?
11:40pm – Finishing the night on 12037 words. Way behind where I wanted to be as I didn’t want to fall behind, but feeling seriously bleh about writing tonight. Hopefully tomorrow is better, but I work all day so we’ll see how that turns out.
Had to be at work super early this morning so had no time for anything.
8:01pm – Now up to 10207 words. Feeling bleh about actually writing today too. Hopefully I can get more done and that I also feel more up to writing tomorrow. Gonna keep trying though.
10:17om – I don’t wanna do this anymore. Not for tonight, anyway. But I have 11131 words, says the NaNo official validation word counter. I’m so close to tonight’s target. I’m also so sleepy though. I want this to be the one year I don’t fall behind the word count aim. But we’ll see.
11:26pm – Managed to get 11677 as a total so far. May do a few words more for tonight but not sure. However my search history is going to seem suspicious, but I 100% swear it’s for my story. The downfalls of being a writer…
9:19am – I managed to get to 9086 words last night before heading to bed. I’m now up to 9584 but now have to get ready for work.
5 – Finished work. Now time to head up to the boyfriend’s place, so not sure how much I’ll get done.
11pm – Ended up with 10017 words and now heading for bed cuz I’m seriously tired.
Worked until four o’clock then headed out for dinner with the boyfriend in the city and stayed in the city too but was damn tired near the end of the night so I was half asleep and trying to write. Luckily with his help I made it to 6727 words.
Had a busy day today too. Went and had breakfast with the boyfriend in the city, went to a write-in and managed to get quite a few words out, got home then went out to dinner. Plus still going at 10:49pm at currently 8551 words, but that does include parts for other random to-be stories that I wrote snippets of on the train ride home.